Service learning flyer (Feedback please)

I've been stuck on this. I went a different way design wise and avoided putting the logo in the middle after getting advised. I put "Join us in showing for Racial justice!" in a ghost box (so it will be legible) in the image above, trying to avoid cluttering the image, but it still feels out of place or not enough, I thought of moving it into the circle below as a header, or getting rid of that circle (the one near the bottom) altogether and trying to fit the text and that was in the circle along with "join us in showing up for racial justice, or maybe it's the little shapes i added in that limit me so much. I am also trying to go for a "clean look/spread"


Comments

  1. This is a great start! I really liked how you sampled the colors from the logo and used that color palette for the overall design. I actually think this design is really dynamic because of the slanted lines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with what Gina said. Very modern and slick! I do feel like the "join us" text up top feels a little out of place. Do you need it separated out like that? Maybe even just having the call to action in the body text would suffice. Watch out for the leading inside the tan circle, it seems like some of the lines are closer together than others. Also, I would look for ways to incorporate the sans serif besides just the URL and stuff (if you're going to use it at all), it feels a little out of place as is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice beginning! Your intuition is correct, in that the type on the top image needs to move. I would absolutely put it in the lower right tan area, because you have plenty of room there for it in that strong shape. Please keep that tan shape, it adds a lot of interest to the design. Attend to the details of that text area, leading should be consistent and increase your margin so the text is a bit further away from the page edge.

    I would also suggest you use FL alignment for the column of text under the logo and watch how the lines break and wrap around the tan shape. Watch the negative space between your lines and the tan shape, trying to make it somewhat consistent.

    Have you tried to place the web address (and email address) on the same slant as the bars of color? Just another option if they seem to be too long for their space. NICE WORK!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed with Gina and Jon. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment