Project 4 3/21/19- Daniel Hurst

I brightened up the tan and faded California a bit more.


Comments

  1. One thing that stood out to me right away is that the green and the tan seem to be the same or around the same value so they seem to compete with each other, at least for me. The logos being different sizes and slightly different locations is also distracting for me, I know it's a small detail but I think having them all be the same size and shape would clean up the design a bit.

    I am curious about the second image, where the text in the corner is upside down but the title is upright. Is it a folding piece? I see the address which makes me think it is a postcard. I am just curious. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the one who first critiqued this so I can answer your second question. It's actually a brochure that folds up pretty tiny. If I remember correctly, each frame on the top image ends up being its own panel when folded.

      Delete
  2. Color decisions have come a long way, Daniel, and they work a lot better than your first upload. YEAH!

    Last bits to attend to include being more consistent with the sizes of the frames that contain all those different logos. Because each logo is in high contrast to the others, it would be important for you to use the exact same size frame in the exact same position across all those 1-6 panels. Resize the logos to fit into those frames once you have adjusted the sizes. You have moved some of the big numbers, but not all, to sit on the same baseline with the same negative space above them. Please use guides to help you do this consistency work.

    I notice that the paragraphs of type that sit below the numbers do not "hang" from the same guide. And they should - so that all the baselines line up horizontally across the layout. This means that you may need to add lines of text or delete words in those paragraphs. (See #6, with too many lines of text). Rewrite when needed to make sure the text blocks are more similar in depth.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment