Project 7

This is a self project I made. First of all maybe I made the scene too dark, and the soldiers could blend in a little more i was also thinking of adding a few flares in the empty windows (indicating there are snipers targeting the soldiers, may not be necessary) As for the text i wasn't sure which font would be the best choice, I also thought where i positioned it was a good place and I warped it slightly. I made the smoke in background and I'm not sure if it's a good fit, i like the one i made that's on the left, but the one on right may throw it off a bit.

Comments

  1. I think the smoke looks good where it is. I agree it could be lightened a bit, but that depends on the mood you want the piece to have. I would try a classy serif or at least a thinner sans serif for the quote, and maybe a script for the name. And don't forget the name should be A. P. J. with a dot after every letter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree that, in general, this is all too dark. However, I also understand that the scene needs some darkness. Consider lightening up the foreground and mid-ground area, so that we see a gradual darkening as the elements move further away from us. That would also allow you to add caste shadows on the ground from the figures as they walk into the darkness. Definitely yes to the flares in the windows in the distance. Adding some detail there would help emphasis depth in the piece.

    Message - I can't help thinking in reply to this message "what about the children of the people you are are about to kill?" Sorry... but I don't believe war is the answer to improving the future for our children. Maybe I am not the only person who thinks this, and so I have to wonder if this is the best quote to use for your really good artwork.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment