Final of 1st project- Daniel Hurst


This was the original 


This is the rework
 

Comments

  1. Sorry, I know this is your final of this project, but I would suggest reworking it. The STEM and letters underneath it needs to be straightened up and aligned. And I would just remove the gradient of the illustration and have the figure as a solid silhouette. Still a great design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think the gradient is a bad idea for the silhouette, but i think it was better when it was black, the line (that i assume acts the ground) seems unnecessary. Lastly, instead of making the each letter meaning go down maybe stack "stem" downwards while having the meanings to each letter on the side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think all these comments are right on - no need for horizon line; run the big letter down the page so the full words are readable as they extend out to the right... the way we are used to reading words; blacken the silhouette again and lighten that shadow. Consider the entire page, and notice that you have a large amount of negative space at the very bottom. Are you planning to add type down there? If not, then enlarge your elements so that the entire page is activated. Again... I can't help but feel like that beaker with the bubbles is a strange shape that isn't really used in the labs. I'll post an image I just found for your reference for this container. Look at the top of this blog for it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment